Trumpeter 1/35 German SPW70 Armored Infantry Vehicle KitTSM-1592
The BTR-70 is an eight-wheeled armored personnel carrier, originally developed during the late 1960s under the industrial designator GAZ-4905. On August 21, 1972, it was accepted into service and would later be exported to the Warsaw Pact and other allies. Introduced as a successor to the earlier BTR-60, it most closely resembles a BTR-60PB. Other improvements include heavier armor plating and tires less prone to puncture. In other respects, the vehicle is very similar to the BTR-60PB, with a more powerful petrol engine configuration and armament of a primary heavy machine gun and secondary PKT machine gun on a roof mounted turret.
- Surface details and interior
- One-piece lower and upper hull
- Detailed drive line and fully rendered suspension
- One-piece turret
- Optional position crew hatches
- Separately molded on-vehicle equipment and tools, machine gun, jerry cans, vinyl tires and photo-etch parts.
- Decals and 5-view color painting guide for (2) vehicles - includes dash panel gauges.