Trumpeter 1/32 A6A Intruder Aircraft KitTSM-2249
The Grumman A-6 Intruder was designed as the replacement of the A-1 Skyraider. It's the first all-weather attack aircraft of the US Navy. The aircraft was called as the A2F before 1962 and got the new name, the A-6 Intruder, in service. The outstanding all-weather capability soon made the A-6 the main strike force of the Navy and Marines and devoted to the Vietnam War.
The A-6A were equipped with the DIANE system, which was the most advanced navigation/targeting system at that time. But the problems of reliability were solved after a few years. There were 480 A-6As built and 47 of them were upgraded to another type.
- Left and right fuselage molded w/ authentic details
- Finely detailed engine
- Newly tooled wings accurately represent the real thing
- Optional position flaps
- Plenty of external loads
- Wings can be built in a folded configuration
- Optional plastic or metal undercarriage
- Photo-etched parts for interior details
Includes markings for:
- A-6A Intruder 155717 "NE-507" of VA-145, 1972-73
- A-6A Intruder 152940 "NG-510" of VA-35, 1968. Shot down on March 17, 1968, near Hanoi